EP EXCLUSIVE: INTERVIEW WITH FAST RISING HIP HOP ARTIST OKAY W



Okay W, real name Orisabinone Kolawole, is a Nigerian hip hop artist who has dropped some subtle hits like his top banger Exquisite, Ibadi, Run my race, E Go Better and so much more. We caught up with him where we talked about his personal life, music, and so much more.



EP: Introduce us to you, who is Okay W?

Okay W: Orisabinone kolawole , better known by his stage name Okay W, is a Nigerian hip hop, Afro-Hip hop recording artist.

EP: When did music start for you, like when was the turning point that made you realise that music was your thing?

Okay W: I started music in the year 2012 , i think it was from that point that I was really writing music and trying to collaborate in the way of starting bands and stuff.

As far as my childhood affecting my love for music, I’m not really too sure I can say yes. Truthfully, I don’t remember a lot from then, but maybe the music I listened to had a part in me.

EP: What kind of music do you make?


Okay W: Afro hiphop.


EP: In the music industry who do you consider your mentor/role model?


Okay W: Phenom.


EP: We understand you mix yoruba with your rap, Who/what inspired you to do that?


Okay W: Reminisce.


EP: So far what record do u consider as your best?

Okay W: Exquisite.

EP: And why do u pick exquisite?

Okay W: Because of the song lyrics And I displayed how to sing and rap.

EP: Are u currently signed under any record label?

Okay W: No.

EP: How do u deal with the fans, especially the female fans?

Okay W: I act funny to them, and also just freestyle.

EP: What has been ur worst experience while performing on stage?

Okay W: That could be year 2013 at a street carnival , no turning up, everywhere was boring to me.

EP: Have u ever had a bad record, if yes what record was it/

Okay W: No.

EP: What has your experience been with producers ?

Okay W: When I'm in rehearsals i do a very basic recording of tracks before planning to record in the studio.

EP: Any plans for a video?

Okay W: I can say yes because fans are waiting for my song Ibadi video , which I'm planning to shoot soon.

EP: Give us your five favorite Nigerian musicians?

Okay W: Phenom , yung6ix , vector, davido, reminisce.

EP: Which artiste would u really love having a collabo with?

Okay W: Yung6ix

EP: Where do u see ur music headed?

Okay W: I am still forming my own opinion on this, but I feel as if right now this "new wave sort of trap-rap.

EP: The ladies would want to know if okay w is still single. Are u?

Okay W: Yes.

EP: Ok, thanks for your time.


Download Okay w's Exquisite from notjustok.com. Click the link below:


https://my.notjustok.com/track/195044/okay-w-exquisite

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Entertainment Profiler. Designed by OddThemes & Best Wordpress Themes 2018