LUPITA NYONG'O - "A PART OF ME WILL ALWAYS FEEL UGLY"


Movie star Lupita Nyong'o talked about her insecurities, how it keeps her humble and the sexual harassment involving Harvey Weinstein. 


“There is a part of me that will always feel unattractive.OK, because it will keep me grounded. I don’t need to be so full of myself that I feel I am without flaw. I can feel beautiful and imperfect at the same time. I have a healthy relationship with my aesthetic insecurities” she said.
She also shared the story of how Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed her after they had dinner in his house. 


“Let’s cut to the chase. I have a private room upstairs where we can have the rest of our meal. If you wanted to be an actress, then you had to be willing to do this sort of thing.”
She said she told him:


“With all due respect, I would not be able to sleep at night if I did what you are asking.” After that, she made a point of never working with him. 
She continued talking about the event and how she felt uncomfortable. 


“I felt uncomfortable in my silence, and I wanted to liberate myself from it and contribute to the discussion. That was just what I felt I needed to do, quite viscerally. I couldn’t sleep. I needed to get it out’. 
She also talked about her role in the upcoming Marvel movie, Black Panther, according to her she did not read the script before accepting the role which shows how excited she was to be in the movie.


“We were creating an aspirational world where an African people are in charge of their own destiny. And that really appealed to me and had the little girl inside me jumping for joy,” said Lupita. “To just have African people, black people, at the center of that narrative is so exciting.”




Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Entertainment Profiler. Designed by OddThemes & Best Wordpress Themes 2018