WOMAN HAS BALLOONS IN HER FACE IN ORDER TO SAVE HER.


A woman with a large birth mark on her face has had to undergo medical surgery where she had about four balloons implanted underneath her skin in order to prevent any chance of her having cancer due to the condition. Xiao Yan needs the bizarre treatment to 


allow her to grow new tissue that doctors can use to graft onto her face when the birthmark is removed. The 23-year-old, from Longjing Village in Guizhou Province in south-western China, suffers from congenital melanocytic nevus which affects just one in 500,000 people. She now has to endure several months of coping 

with the balloons stretching her skin in four areas before she can have her ‘new face’. Medics at the Shanghai Ninth People’s Hospital in East China took action after her facial mole began to cause her pain last March and they recognised the risk of cancer cell growth. Statistics regarding how often congenital melanocytic 

nevus becomes cancerous vary, with higher figures suggesting 5-10 per cent of cases and others as low as 1-2 per cent. Ms Yan said she had been prepared to live with the massive mole on her face for the rest of her life.

‘Despite the big black mole on my face, I enjoyed my childhood playing with my friends,’ Ms Yan said, adding: ‘I was carefree.’ ‘But as I grew older, the fact that I was “different” became increasingly magnified,’ she added.
Her mother Yang Xiu’e said she had to ‘beg’ the villagers to stop making fun of her daughter, who became the talk of the town. Following recommendations from doctors last year, Ms Yan’s poor 

family managed the challenging task of raising 100,000 yuan (£11,177) for the first stage of her treatment, which she began in October last year.

‘I used to feel sorry for myself,’ she admitted, saying: ‘But I’ve grown up under the support of my family and now I’m much more positive.’ 
Ms Yan’s twin brother and the rest of her family are continuing to raise funds for her follow-up surgeries and have managed to acquire about 50,000 yuan (£5,588). 

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Entertainment Profiler. Designed by OddThemes & Best Wordpress Themes 2018