WASHING CERTAIN FABRICS -LINEN

Wonderful day we’re having huh?
Well, I'm not exactly having a great day but I'm hoping you are so there won't be so much despair everywhere.
Anyway, before we go on, I really choose to believe that you have seen this. If you haven't, please do so before you go on because I'm diving straight into what we have for today. Thank you all for bearing with me.

LINEN CARE

Linen. Constantly wrinkled, rigid linen. I absolutely LOATHE linen. I’ve got no hard feelings about linen. I just hate how long I have to be at it when ironing because my mom barely ever takes anything to the dry cleaners. We do all our laundry ourselves which is why, asides the research, I have such knowledge about doing laundry. 

Linen is usually what beddings - mostly duvets - are made of. There are wears such as shirts too made of linen. If you do your laundry yourself, do you know that one shirt you spend a relatively longer time ironing? Yes, that shirt is most likely linen. It wrinkles so much and is so ugly when it does although some people find a sort of aesthetic in it. We all view it differently. On the bright side, linen is very comfortable to wear and breathable so I guess that makes the million years spent ironing it kind of worth it.

Linen often comes in blends (with cotton, rayon and others) so this usually determines the way they're to be washed. Linen is very durable on its own, hence, following the care label is best. Some linen articles come with special instructions because of the blend so take note of that. Make sure to separate coloured articles from whites and all should be fine and dandy. If the label says ’dry-clean-only’ best whisk that piece of clothing to the cleaners unless of course, you're a risk taker and would like to see if you’d have any success doing it on your own. Because of its durability, I guess it's okay to take a few risks. Articles of clothing are best washed in the delicate setting or short cycle with cold water.

If the linen material is stained, you can try using club soda but NEVER use bleach on Linen. That’s a whole mess you don't want to deal with. Simple hairspray or rubbing alcohol could help sometimes but it’s honestly best to seek professional advice before employing any stain removal process.

Are drying, rather than machine drying, is best for linen materials. Don't wring linen to remove excess water because, well, we all know how wrinkly it gets. If you want to remove excess moisture, you could try rolling the material in a towel. Hang them on a padded hanger or clothes rack or you could just lay them flat.

There you have it. Everything I know that keeps my linen alive and a bit more info from dengarden.com
Until next time lovelies.



Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Entertainment Profiler. Designed by OddThemes & Best Wordpress Themes 2018