DEONTAY WILDER KNOCKS LOUIS ORTIZ OUT IN 7TH ROUND



The Bronze Bomber Deontay Wilder puts a stop to Louis Ortiz strategic boxing in round 7 with a single blow that knocked him out. Ortiz tried to stay in the fight as he stood up but the referee looked in his eyes and cancelled the match giving Wilder the win. Ortiz outboxed Wilder through out the fight, as according to CompuBox Ortiz outlanded Wilder 35-34 overall and 28-17 in power punches.

"You can see why no other heavyweight wants to fight Ortiz," Wilder said. "He's very crafty in the ring and he moves strategically. I had to play around with him and measure him in certain places. I had to go back and go forward. My intellect is very high although I don't get credit for it. I finally found my measurement and I took the shot and I hurt him."


"Ortiz is one of the best in the world and that's why I gave him this opportunity," Wilder said.
"This is boxing. I told everybody that it would either be him or me and it wasn't going to go 12 rounds," Ortiz said. "I was trying to get up by [the referee's] count was a little bit quicker than I thought." Wilder found more success in the two rounds leading up to the stoppage and picked his spots for landing the perfect blow. He's also the sixth heavyweight champion to make at least 10 title defenses.

Wilder is going to be having a rematch with Tyson Fury February 2020 with some people feeling that having this fight with Ortiz was unnecessary as he just has three months to recuperate and fight Tyson who is a top contender. 



With the tough heavy weight division currently in existence it is hard to determine who the best world champion is currently as we have Tyson Fury, Wilder, Anthony Joshua and of course new kid on the top list Andy Ruiz all at the top spots. If Anthony Joshua should lose his match with Andy coming December, then he would easily be out of the top list and it will be left for Wilder to defeat both Tyson and Andy to prove himself as the best of his time.

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Entertainment Profiler. Designed by OddThemes & Best Wordpress Themes 2018